Tofu is a versatile ingredient, why not try out this recipe which soaks in all the goodness from the vegetables and the flavour of Lee Kum Kee sauces. Give the dish a spicy kick with our Chiu Chow Chilli Oil too - Every bit’s a flavour hit.
Braised Tofu with Chiu Chow Chilli Oil
400g hard tofu, sliced (To avoid breakage during cooking, do not cut it too thin)
45g baby corns, sliced
45g white beech mushrooms, stem trimmed and sliced
35g carrots, sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 spring onions, julienned
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 chilli, sliced
- Mix all the seasoning together and set aside.
- Put 1 Tbsp of oil in a heated pot, put the tofu in evenly, do not turn the tofu over to the other side until it turns golden brown, set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil in the pot again, put the spring onion stems and garlic in and fry until fragrant, then add carrots, baby corns, white beech mushrooms until softened.
- Put the seasoning mixture and tofu back in, mix well and bring to boil until the sauce has thickened.
- Lastly, add the remaining spring onions and chilli in, mix well and it is ready.