This comforting vegetable soup is fully packed with nutritious vegetables. The use of Lee Kum Kee Mushroom Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce will add an accent of umami flavour to the soup. And it’s vegetarian friendly!
Serves 1 - 2
110g carrot, cut into small pieces
226g butternut squash, peeled, cut into pieces
110g double cream
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups water
113g leek, cut into small pieces
2 courgettes, minced
2 Tbsp butter
6 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Mushroom Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 tsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp thyme, dried
- In a medium sized pan, heat butter and flour on medium heat. Stir well and cook until golden brown.
- Stir in garlic, onion, leek, carrots and squash. Cook mixture for 3 minutes.
Add water, thyme, Mushroom Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce and parsley. Cook mixture until vegetables are tender. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into a blender. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Return mixture into the saucepan. Add double cream and half and half.
- Cook mixture until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.