This fluffy Chinese bun stuffed with Tofu and portobello mushroom gives your meal a protein boost. Complement with crunchy vegetables and a blend of savoury, sweet and tangy flavour from Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce and Seasoned Rice Vinegar - makes it a perfect brunch menu.
200g firm tofu
8 pieces Portobello mushroom
8 pieces bao bun
½ piece cucumber, shredded
1 piece carrots , shredded
1 spring onion, shredded
2 pieces radish , thinly sliced
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Some mayonnaise (optional)
Some toasted walnuts (optional)
Pickle Seasoning mix
60ml Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Rice Vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
- Slice tofu into 1cm thick slices, pat dry with kitchen towel and put into a container, pour on the marinade and set aside for 30 mins.
- Pickle the cucumber, carrots and baby radish in the seasoning mix and set aside.
- Pre-heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan with a medium heat, pan fried tofu for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil into the same pan, and pan fried portobello mushroom, then pour in the tofu marinade liquid and let it cook for 1 min on each side or until it is cooked.
- Steam the bao buns, slice into half, and place the tofu, portobello mushroom, and pickled vegetables with mayonnaise in the middle of the bun; place spring onion, coriander and crushed walnuts on top. Ready to serve.